Contact Us | Press Office | International | Academy | About Us |
Kết quả xổ số MBWe are a team of specialist physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants and we see children in secondary school age of 11-18 years (19 if in special school setting) who have a Liverpool GP.
We see children and young people for physiotherapy in mainstream schools, special schools, fitness centers and at home.
• After your first appointment your physiotherapist will discuss with you the outcomes of your child’s assessment. If your physiotherapist decides that physiotherapy input is needed you will discuss joint outcome goals for your child and a treatment plan will be agreed upon.
• The physiotherapy team will discuss with you your preferred method of communication as well as an appropriate location for any future physiotherapy assessments. This could be at your child’s school, in a clinic setting or at home.
Kết quả xổ số MB• The physiotherapy team work closely with other health and social care teams across Liverpool including Occupational Therapy, Liverpool Wheelchair Services, the Community Equipment Team, Social Workers, SEN Link workers and SENCo’s and other staff in schools. Referrals or joint therapy sessions with any of these services can be arranged if it would be beneficial for your child.
Kết quả xổ số MB• We also work closely with health professionals of various specialties at Alder Hey Hospital including Community Paediatricians, Orthopaedics, Neurology, Orthotics, Physiotherapy and all other relevant teams. We attend joint clinics with these specialties to provide multidisciplinary care for our patients and their families.
Kết quả xổ số MB• Patients needing physiotherapy in the community after treatment or a procedure at the hospital will receive intervention in the community after a comprehensive handover from our colleagues at Alder Hey.
• Specialist outcome measures are used to help determine the child’s progress as we continue with their treatment programme.
• Progressive strengthening programmes are offered at local fitness centres in liaison with the Liverpool City Council. These programmes are physiotherapy led and devised with the child’s physiotherapy treatment goals in mind.
Kết quả xổ số MB• Hydrotherapy and Rebound therapy treatment sessions are available for your child if it is reasoned to be a clinically appropriate therapy option by your physiotherapist.
• Progressive strengthening programs are offered at local fitness center in liaison with the council. These programs are physic led and devised with the child / young person’s physiotherapy treatment goals.
Our focus is to prepare the young person in our care towards self-management and independence in the community. Joint goal setting with the young person, parents and other professionals is done to support this and focus our input in improving skills and health outcomes.
We attend school reviews and provide feedback as required. We also support the young person and their families as they enter in the systems of Personal Independent Payments and Education, Health and Care Plans. For those under our care we provide formal reports to support their ongoing needs as required.
Kết quả xổ số MBOur physiotherapists support the physical education programmes in school so that our young people remain active in activities and sports of their choice. This can be from supported gym sessions to providing information on local activities that have disabled access/awareness.
We are working with the Adult services to help build a support network for our young people as they make this important transition. The transition process is ongoing from 14 years of age, and we recognize this can be a challenging time for children in our service. We ensure that referral to ongoing services is made in a timely manner, enabling early joint appointments to be made with the adult therapy provider. It is important that transition process is smooth, and this includes making sure that equipment and orthotics are up to date and suitable. The secondary team takes an active role in the facilitation of these reviews during the last 6 months of the transition process.